Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Photo Essay - A Day in the Life


Many of you ask us “What is it like to live there?” with looks on your respective faces varying from wonder to disinterest to mild disgust. As with all things in life, perspective is everything and one's attitude can drastically change one's experiences. I'm certain of one thing, from the first weeks I was here in March 2012 until now, my living conditions and my daily challenges have become drastically more manageable.
At the beginning I came unprepared for anything longer than a few weeks and had a very weak understanding what social existence was around me. I ate rice and boiled catfish daily, had cold bucket showers and barely ventured out of the office. Life has improved. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so without further ado, here is a photo story of “What is it like to live there?”


















No comments:

Post a Comment